The boating licence theory course runs over 3 hours. On successful completion, participants receive a qualification certificate, whereupon a licence can be issued by the Government. No further testing is required.
- Carry out trip preparation and planning
- Respond to boating emergencies and incidents
- Safely operate a mechanically powered recreational boat
- Select and maintain a personal water craft
- Demonstrate simple personal water craft skills in controlled conditions
SA Boating Licence Courses are designed for everyone, (ages 16 and up welcome). Getting your licence is easy! We deliver courses in Adelaide and throughout SA for you to get your boat licence sooner. A certificate will be issued the same day for you to present to an office of Service SA for the immediate issuing of your boating licence.
Book early to avoid disappointment! Recent changes have created demand.
Discounted Super Saver Ticket $190
The Super saver ticket must be requested at time of booking or until sold out and discount code given to you as your discount verification. Sorry, these tickets are very limited thus must be requested and confirmed at time of payment. Amazing value with all the great service we offer. BOOK EARLY This early-bird ticket sells out very early.
Discounted Ticket $260
If available, this is a great deal for your course or until sold out. Great value with all the great service we offer. BOOK EARLY
Standard Ticket $320
Often these are the last available tickets. Busy people may prefer to get this fully flexible ticket. This ticket is flexible. With this flexible ticket, if you miss your course it does not matter you can catch us at our next one, without purchasing a new ticket.
Evidence of age and identity
A person, is required to provide full Evidence of Identity (EOI)
A minimum of three original documents are required to establish full evidence of identity:
- at least one document from category A – evidence of existence
- at least one document from category B – evidence of use of identity
- the third document may be from either Category A, B or the evidence of residential address category
- at least one of the identity documents must show your signature and date of birth
- if your Australian residential address is not shown on one of the documents, a fourth identity document from the evidence of residential address category must be produced.
With original EOI documents, photocopies of EOI documents are acceptable but only if a Justice of the Peace (JP) certifies that they have sighted the originals and the copies are also certified by the JP.
Category A - evidence of existence
At least one document is required from:
- Australian birth certificate bearing both a registration & certificate number (not a commemorative certificate, certified copy or extract). If the certificate is not in the name currently used - appropriate linking documentation will be required - refer evidence of change of name.
- Australian Citizenship Certificate or Naturalisation Certificate
- Australian Passport (current or expired up to 2 years)
- Foreign Passport (current or expired up to 2 years if accompanied by a current Australian Visa)
- Department of Immigration & Multicultural & Indigenous Affairs (DIMIA) travel document (valid up to 5 years after issue)
- DIMIA Certificate of Evidence of Resident Status
- Australian photo driver licence (current or expired up to 2 years)
- Australian Defence Force Photo Identity Card (excluding civilians)
- South Australian or Federal Police Officer photo identity card
- New South Wales Photo Card issued by the Roads & Traffic Authority (only Photo Cards issued after 14 December 2005 will be accepted)
- South Australian proof of age card (issued after 9 October 2006).
Category B – evidence of use of identity
At least one document is required from:
- Medicare Card
- financial institution account card or credit card with signature and embossed name
- student identity document from an educational institution showing photograph and signature
- Department of Veterans' Affairs, Commonwealth Pensioner Concession or Health Care concession card
- Australian issued security guard or crowd controller licence showing photograph
- Australian issued firearm licence showing photograph.
Evidence of residential address
The following documents are acceptable as evidence of a person's residential address:
- contract of purchase, lease or rental, mortgage or land ownership certificate
- a telephone, gas or electricity account (up to one year old)
- water rates, local government council rates or land valuation notice (up to two years old)
- certificate or statement of enrolment from an educational institution (up to two years old)
- a passbook or statement from a bank, building society or credit union (up to one year old)
- current Australian vehicle registration certificate
- Australian driver's licence or vehicle registration renewal for the coming period
- last or current financial year Australian Taxation Office tax assessment
- Australian Electoral enrolment confirmation
- a letter from the principal of a recognised educational institution that is no more than 1 year old, on the institution letterhead and signed by the student (can also be used as a Category A or B document by a person aged between 12 and 15 years who is applying for a special permit).
Young Adults (12-16 years of age)
Young adults under 16 years of age are welcome and encouraged to attend the course to learn about safe boating. But they then apply for a 'Special Permit' via contacting South Australia Transport for details on the special permit application.
GST – You have not been charged any GST, There is no GST within our fee
Conversion to an Adult Boat Operator's Licence
The 'Special Permit' is not certificate of completion and therefore cannot be converted into a Boat Operators Licence once the permit holder turns 16 years of age. A Special Permit expires once the holder turns 16 years of age. Please contact us to arrange a suitable time for a Boat Operators Licence Test.
Complete South Australian Recreational Boating Safety Handbook
Call the Local Assessor Now!
Sailingworld pty ltd Registered as # 91229 who is trading as Boating Licence Course. This course, is based upon the national syllabus of boating education designed to prevent boating incidents and save lives. We are a Registered Training Organisation (RTO). The package supplied consists of the following five units:
MEM50008B - Carry out trip preparation and planning
MEM50009B -Safely operate a mechanically powered recreational boat
MEM50010B - Respond to boating emergencies and incidents
SISOPWC201A - Select and maintain a personal water craft
SISOPWC202A - Demonstrate simple personal water craft skills in controlled conditions
This is a great package as you are being supplied and trained in all the five units above. There can be and are different pathways included within the package.
Our trainers love what we do, our number one priority is serving our customers. We are confident that you'll be satisfied with the product and service, so please let us know any feedback!
In the event that you cannot attend the course, refunds are not available, however given at least 48 hours notice your booking and payment is transferable to another date.
From time to time we may have to reschedule a course, but In the event that a course is totally cancelled by us you have the option of transferring to another course, or to a full refund.
There is an assessment within the course, it is in the format of multiple choice. To assist you, we have a boating study book available, for convenience a copy is downloadable on this website.
From time to time people may be required to retest we will do this free of charge and on the same day. After this, if further training and assessment are required we may give you an invitation to return, this would be without repaying the course fees a small retest fee may be applicable. You will not pay the courses fees again.